In this post I will explain how to create animated slideshow with images and music If you want to say something to your special Someone, but cannot muster the courage, PowerPoint can come to your rescue. Learn how to make a self-executing slideshow with customized music!
ADDING IMAGES TO YOUR SLIDE SHOW:
THE first thing that you need to do is arrange your images in a specific order so that they can be placed on your slides easily. Make sure your images are of a decent resolution so that they don’t appear hazy. To assemble your slideshow, carry out the following steps:
1. Place all the images that you plan to use in your slide show in one location.
3. Go to the 'Home' tab
4. Click the 'Layout' option appearing under the 'Slides' group of the tab.
5. Next, go to the 'Design' tab.
6. Click the 'Background Styles' option from the 'Background' group of the tab.
7. Click the ‘Format Background’ option from the drop-down menu.
8. Click the 'File' button appearing in the 'Format Background' dialog box.
10. Click the 'Insert' button to add the image as a background.
11. Click 'Close' on the 'Format Background' dialog box to set different backgrounds on different slides.
12. Go to the 'Home' tab
13. Click the 'New Slide' option appearing under the 'Slides' group of the tab.
14. Select the 'Blank' option.
15. Set all images as slide backgrounds as explained above.
USING THE PHOTOALBUM FEATURE:
Now, physically arranging and adding each image will be both time consuming and Tiresome. To make the process simpler, carry out the following steps:
 Start the "MS PowerPoint 2007" application.
 Go to the "Insert" tab of the application. Click the "Photo Album" option appearing under the "Illustrations" group.
 Click the arrow appearing under the "Photo Album" option. Select the "New Photo Album" option.
 Click the "File/Disk…' button from the "Photo Album" dialog box that appears.
 Browse and select all the image fi les from the "Insert New Pictures" dialog box.
 After selecting the images, Click "Insert".
 Depending on the size, relevance and number of screenshots you have taken set the album layout values.
 Set the "Picture Layout" value at "Fit to Slide".
ADDING MUSIC TO YOUR SLIDESHOW:
ONCE you have your slides in place, you now need a bit of music to pep up your gift. To add music to your slideshow, carry out the following steps:
1. Next, go to the 'Design' tab.
3. Select the 'Sound from File' option from the drop down list.
4. Browse and insert the music file of your choice.
5. Click the "Automatically" button in the pop-up box to continue.
7. Once you are done, click on the 'Sound Tools' sub-tab.
8. Check on the 'Loop Until Stopped' option appearing under the 'Sound Options' group.
9. Set the 'Play Sound:' value to 'Play across slides'.
11. Click 'Custom Animation' appearing under the 'Animations' section.
12. Click the entry appearing in the 'Custom Animation' panel and set the 'Start:' option to 'With Previous'.
13. Select the 'Automatically After:' option and set the time value at '00:05' from the 'Transition to This Slide'
group. Click 'Apply To All'.
14. Go to the "Office" button and click 'Save'.
15. Select the 'Save as type' value as 'PowerPoint 97-2003 show'
16. Save the file in the desired location to proceed.
COPYING THE PRESENTATION ON A CD
THE fi nal step is to put the presentation on a CD or DVD so that you can present it as a gift. To do
so, carry out the following steps:
1. Go to the "Office" button and move the mouse cursor over the "Publish" option.
2. The "Distribute the document to other people" panel appears on the right-side of the list.
3. Click the "Package for CD" option. Type an appropriate name for the CD. Next click the " Options…' button.
5. Under the "Package type" section, select "Viewer Package (update file formats to run in PowerPoint Viewer)'.
6. Under the "select how presentations will play in the viewer:' dropdown list, select "Let the user select which presentation to view".
7. Under the "Include these files" section, select the "Linked files" and" Embedded TrueType fonts" options. Click "OK".
8. Check if all the options you set appear on the "Package for CD" dialog box
9. Finally, click the "Copy to CD" button to transfer the file on to the CD using the Windows XP CD burning utility
REHEARSING SLIDE TIMING:
You will have the best effect with your presentation if the music fi le ends with the last slide. Or else the music would seem jerky when the slide show is looped. For doing so you can use the 'Rehearse Timings' feature of PowerPoint. To do so, carry out the following steps:
 Go to the 'Slide Show' tab.
 Click the 'Rehearse Timings' option appearing under the 'Set Up' group.
 Change the slide as per your requirement when in the rehearsal mode.