Download/Source url :
By Prof. M. Chakraborty, Department of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, I.I.T.,Kharagpur.
PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS SYLLABUS :
Source : http://jntuk.edu.in
Probability: Sample space and events – Probability – The axioms of probability – Some Elementary
theorems - Conditional probability – Baye’s theorem.
Random variables – Discrete and continuous – Distribution – Distribution function. Distribution
Binomial and poison distributions Normal distribution – related properties.
Sampling distribution: Populations and samples - Sampling distributions of mean (known and unknown)
proportions, sums and differences.
Estimation: Point estimation – interval estimation - Bayesian estimation.
Test of Hypothesis – Means– Hypothesis concerning one and two means– Type I and Type II errors. One
tail, two-tail tests.
Tests of significance – Student’s t-test, F-test,c 2 test. Estimation of proportions.
Queuing Theory: Pure Birth and Death Process M/M/1 Model and Simple Problems.
1. Probability & Statistics, T. K. V. Iyengar, B. Krishna Gandhi and Others, S. Chand & Company.
2. A text book of Probability & Statistics, Shahnaz Bathul, V. G. S. Book Links.
1. Probability & Statistics, Arnold O. Allen, Academic Press.
2. Probability & Statistics for Engineers, Miller and John E. Freund, Prentice Hall of India.
3. Probability & Statistics, Mendan Hall, Beaver Thomson Publishers.
4. Probability & Statistics, D. K. Murugeson & P. Guru Swamy, Anuradha Publishers.