By using registry editor we can prevent any user to access our computer or hard drives or the network shared. we can hide the drives (C:/ or D:/ or E:/ or F:/) using registry editor. Let us see the process below.
Follow the below steps:
1) Click on the start menu button
2) Click Run and type Regedit (registry editor)
3) Now locate HKey_Current_User \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows\ Current Version \ Policies \ Explorer
4) Now right click on the right side of Registry editor panel and add new DWORD then put its value 3FFFFFF (Hexadecimal) as shown in the below figure.
5) Now just close the registry editor & restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.
6) Now when you open My Computer, no drives will be shown(all gone…).
7) To enable display of drives in My Computer, simply delete this DWORD item that you create and restart your computer. You can now see all the drives again.
IMPORTANT NOTE : IT IS RISKY TO PLAY WITH REGISTRY WITHOUT KNOWING MORE. MEDIUM LEVEL USERS AND EXPERT LEVEL USERS CAN TRY THIS. NEW USERS CAN ALSO TRY THIS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT CREATE HEAVY DAMAGES.