Assigning file Permissions are very important when it comes to hosting our website. Permissions can allow our web-host server computer to create and modify our information like read/write... Along with that, some information needs to be secured from composing and modifying, as a protection evaluate. We can change our server file permissions through the fallowing simplest way
- Read - This is denoted by r,This will allow files & Directories/folders to be read by specified user group.
- Write - This is denoted by w, with this permission we are permitting write access to a user group so that it can be modified by the user.
- Execute - This is denoted by x, With this permission, we are giving execute access to a file or folder.so that it can be executed as programs by the user.
Each of these permissions can be set for any one of three types of user group:
· User - The owner/administrator of the file.
· Group - members of the group which are belongs to owner
· World – Entire world wide users(Public).
One of the best and easy way to change the permissions is through File manager in cPanel. To change or assign the permissions for a particular file or folder in cpanel, do the following steps:
- Click File Manager in your Cpanel.
- Select the name of the file or directory i.e folder which you would like to change the permissions.
- Now right click and select Change Permissions option or click on Change Permissions link at the top of the page.
- Now select the permissions you would like to assign for the file or folder.
- Click on Change Permissions.