Download/Source url :
By Prof.S. C Dutta Roy, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi.
DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING SYLLABUS :
INTRODUCTION: Introduction to Digital Signal Processing: Discrete time signals & sequences, linear shift
invariant systems, stability, and causality. Linear constant coefficient difference equations. Frequency domain
representation of discrete time signals and systems.
DISCRETE FOURIER SERIES: Properties of discrete Fourier series, DFS representation of periodic
sequences, Discrete Fourier transforms: Properties of DFT, linear convolution of sequences using DFT,
Computation of DFT. Relation between Z-transform and DFS
FAST FOURIER TRANSFORMS: Fast Fourier transforms (FFT) - Radix-2 decimation in time and decimation
in frequency FFT Algorithms, Inverse FFT, and FFT for composite N
REALIZATION OF DIGITAL FILTERS: Review of Z-transforms, Applications of Z – transforms, solution of
difference equations of digital filters, Block diagram representation of linear constant-coefficient difference
equations, Basic structures of IIR systems, Transposed forms, Basic structures of FIR systems, System
IIR DIGITAL FILTERS: Analog filter approximations – Butter worth and Chebyshev, Design of IIR Digital filters
from analog filters, Design Examples: Analog-Digital transformations
FIR DIGITAL FILTERS : Characteristics of FIR Digital Filters, frequency response. Design of FIR Digital Filters
using Window Techniques, Frequency Sampling technique, Comparison of IIR & FIR filters.
MULTIRATE DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING: Decimation, interpolation, sampling rate conversion,
Implementation of sampling rate conversion.
INTRODUCTION TO DSP PROCESSORS: Introduction to programmable DSPs: Multiplier and Multiplier
Accumulator (MAC), Modified Bus Structures and Memory Access schemes in DSPs Multiple access memory,
multiport memory, VLSI Architecture, Pipelining, Special addressing modes, On-Chip Peripherals.
Architecture of TMS 320C5X- Introduction, Bus Structure, Central Arithmetic Logic Unit, Auxiliary Registrar,
Index Registrar, Auxiliary Registger Compare Register, Block Move Address Register, Parallel Logic Unit,
Memory mapped registers, program controller, Some flags in the status registers, On- chip registers, On-chip
1. Digital Signal Processing, Principles, Algorithms, and Applications: John G. Proakis, Dimitris G.
Pearson Education / PHI, 2007.
2. Discrete Time Signal Processing – A.V.Oppenheim and R.W. Schaffer, PHI
3. Digital Signal Processors – Architecture, Programming and Applications,, B.Venkataramani, M.
Bhaskar, TATA McGraw Hill, 2002
1. Digital Signal Processing: Andreas Antoniou, TATA McGraw Hill , 2006
2. Digital Signal Processing: MH Hayes, Schaum’s Outlines, TATA Mc-Graw Hill, 2007.
3. DSP Primer - C. Britton Rorabaugh, Tata McGraw Hill, 2005.
4. Fundamentals of Digital Signal Processing using Matlab – Robert J. Schilling, Sandra L. Harris,
5. Digital Signal Processing – Alan V. Oppenheim, Ronald W. Schafer, PHI Ed., 2006